WHO IS ERIATA ORIBHABOR?
Eriata Oribhabor is a poet and former Chairman of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) Abuja chapter. He championed the maiden edition of the Abuja’s version of the 100 Thousand Poets for Change event; a global non-governmental literary organization promoting poetry as a tool for ”seizing and redirecting the political and social dialogue of the day,” hoping to turn ”the narrative of civilization towards peace and its sustainability” for societal uplift.
Eriata is renowned as a promoter of languej and has written and edited poetry books in the language viz; ” Abuja na Kpangba an Oda puem dem” (IFRAOribhabor, 2011). He is the Editor; If Yu Hie Se A De Prizin; antoloji of puem-dem fo languej. Author of ” Beautiful Poisons” and forthcoming works include; Gud Old (a collection of Essays written in English) and Editor, ”Amebo Yad and oda ple-dem” an anthology of plays written in languej Naijá.
Mr Oribhabor is passionate about positive change for his country Nigeria and encourages young writers to develop their potentials towards achieving their dreams.
Words Rhymes & Rhythms (WRR) in collaboration with Something For Everybody Ventures (SFEV) managed by Eriata Oribhabor, hereby calls for entries into the Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize (EOPP) Contest 2017.
The EOPP is an annual contest that was launched in 2012 for the purpose of drawing more attention to Nigerian poetry, encouraging young poets to be ambassadors of change with their words and celebrating excellence.
PRIZES TO BE WON:
1. First Prize – N25,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
2. First Runner-up – N15,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
3. Second Runner-up – N10,000 cash and books by Eriata Oribhabor
NOTE: 10 poets who will be shortlisted will receive SFEV certificates of recognition and books by Eriata Oribhabor.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. Contestants are invited to submit a maximum of two (2) poems on the above theme.
2. All submissions should be made via email as BODY of mail to email@example.com with the subject: ‘ERIATA ORIBHABOR POETRY PRIZE 2017’. Note that ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
3. All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting it.
4. There’s no limit to the number lines of any poem.
5. Authors must add their full names and a biography (100 words maximum) in the body of the e-mail inclusive of full name, email address, and phone number(s).
6. Poems containing profanity or vulgarity will be disqualified.
1. The poems will be judged based on their artistic quality and creativity.
2. The judges’ decision is final and under no circumstances will they enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding their decisions.
3. Authors retain copyright of their poems but submission gives us the permission to publish selected poems in a future anthology as mentioned above.
4. Entries are free.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST?
Nigerian residents in any part of the world are eligible.
Entries will be received until FRIDAY 24TH OF NOVEMBER, 2017.