Moving on, to participate in this year’s OkadaBooks contest write a short story, approximately 2500 words, design a cover photo and get it published on the Okadabooks app store using the hashtag #Jollofrice.
Your story can be in any of these categories: Action, Paranormal, ChickLit, Poetry, Fanfiction, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Spiritual, Horror, Teen Fiction, Humor, Vampire, Mystery / Thriller, or Werewolf, travels etc, PROVIDED THEY ARE FUNNY!
To enter, just add #Jollofrice after your story title. E.g My Days in Schools #Jollofrice. It is the only way we can find your entry. If you don’t use the hashtag, it means you didn’t enter for the competition.
*9th June, 2016 – Start publishing your short story on the Okadabooks app store.
*31st of June, 2016 – Entry closes
* 31st June 11:00am, book downloads will reset to zero so everybody has the same time frame to amass downloads. However reviews/ratings will remain untouched.
* 31th June 2016, 12:00 noon, invite your friends to download, read and leave ratings for your work. Our top 10 finalists will be based on the above. For example a book with 100 downloads and a rating of 4.5 stars will score 450 points, while a book with just 30 downloads and a rating of 2 will be scored 60 points.
* Downloads and ratings stops on 11th of July, 2016.
* 15th July, 2016, announcement of the top ten winners for stage two (final stage).
* Judges will read each story and pick the winners after critical assessment.
* 30th July 2016, top three winners will be announced.
Time waits for no one, so what are you waiting for? Go now to http://okadabooks.com/publication/add and publish your entry.