Moving on, to participate in this year’s OkadaBooks contest write a short story, approximately 2500 words, design a cover photo and get it published on the Okadabooks app store using the hashtag #Jollofrice.
Your story can be in any of these categories: Action, Paranormal, ChickLit, Poetry, Fanfiction, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Spiritual, Horror, Teen Fiction, Humor, Vampire, Mystery / Thriller, or Werewolf, travels etc, PROVIDED THEY ARE FUNNY!
To enter, just add #Jollofrice after your story title. E.g My Days in Schools #Jollofrice. It is the only way we can find your entry. If you don’t use the hashtag, it means you didn’t enter for the competition.
*9th June, 2016 – Start publishing your short story on the Okadabooks app store.
*31st of June, 2016 – Entry closes
* 31st June 11:00am, book downloads will reset to zero so everybody has the same time frame to amass downloads. However reviews/ratings will remain untouched.
* 31th June 2016, 12:00 noon, invite your friends to download, read and leave ratings for your work. Our top 10 finalists will be based on the above. For example a book with 100 downloads and a rating of 4.5 stars will score 450 points, while a book with just 30 downloads and a rating of 2 will be scored 60 points.
* Downloads and ratings stops on 11th of July, 2016.
* 15th July, 2016, announcement of the top ten winners for stage two (final stage).
* Judges will read each story and pick the winners after critical assessment.
* 30th July 2016, top three winners will be announced.
Additionaly, winners will receive a feature story on Pulse.ng, promotion on the Okadabooks platform and will be part of the first ever anthology on JOLLOF RICE.
Time waits for no one, so what are you waiting for? Go now to http://okadabooks.com/publication/add and publish your entry.