Good news poets!
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) in partnership with Festival Poetry Foundation (FPF) is pleased to announce the call for submissions to the 2nd edition of Ken Egbas Poetry Prize. Sponsored by an art enthusiast and a Former Special Adviser, Strategic Planning at Cross River State – Mr. Ken Egbas; the prize is geared towards promoting cultural heritage, black pride and environmental consciousness.
The Prize, an offshoot of the annually organized Festival Poetry Calabar, was launched in Calabar 2016 via an address delivered by Ken Egbas who promised to sponsor the prize uninterruptedly for 5 years.
Authors of selected entries will be awarded cash prizes in this order:
• 1st Prize: ₦25,000
• 2nd Prize: ₦15,000
• 3rd Prize: ₦10,000
• Must be a Nigerian poet resident in Nigeria
• Must be between 12 and 30 years of age
• Entries must revolve around cultural heritage, black pride and environmental consciousness.
• An entrant is entitled to a single entry of limitless word count.
• Submissions must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
• Under no condition will the judges’ decision be challenged.
• Previously published works (on social media, blogs and anthologies) are NOT allowed.
• Submissions including your name, location, biography and contact details should be in the body of the mail.
• Entering for the contest gives us automatic rights to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
• Forward your entries to email@example.com.
Entries close on the 30th of November 2018; 11:59 PM
Visit their website for more details
All the best!