Words Rhymes & Rhythm Publishers Limited calls for entries into the 3rd edition of the Green Author Prize (GAP 2017) for young unpublished Nigerian writers under the age of twenty-four (24), increased to twenty-seven (27) for the 2017 edition.
The GAP which was initiated in 2015, is a chance for Nigerian authors to get recognised for their art and also get published at a reduced cost.
Unlike the previous editions which awarded co-authorship contracts to 4 poets, GAP 2017 offers individual e-publishing scholarships to 10 young writers in four different categories.
Previously unpublished Nigerian writers between the ages of fourteen (14) and twenty-seven (27) who have worthy manuscripts should proceed to submit their entries.
Ten (10) selected writers comprising four (4) poets, three (3) novelists, two (2) short story writers, and one (1) playwright will be awarded FREE e-publishing contracts. The award covers paperback and eBook distribution on CreateSpace, Amazon, and OkadaBooks, inclusive of cover design and ISBN registration.
Other rewards include all-year promotions for their works. The authors will also be eligible for a 20% discount on any future publishing through Words Rhymes & Rhythm, open for a 2-year period.
WHO CAN SUBMIT ENTRIES?
- Any Nigerian writer resident in Nigeria between age 14 and 27.
- Must not have a published book (traditional or self-publishing)
REQUIRED LENGTH FOR SUBMISSIONS
POETRY: between 30 to 50 poems of no more than 50 lines each
NOVEL: between 25,000 and 80,000 words.
SHORT STORY – 5 short stories or more, not exceeding 50,000 words together
PLAY: between 5,000 and 20,000 words
- Submissions for each category should be attached in a single Microsoft Word Document, with Times New Roman as the preferred font.
- Include your name, age, and location at the top of the document.
- Indicate the category you are submitting for in the subject of the email. Example: GAP 2017 – POETRY.
- Include your contact details and 100 to 150- worded biographies in the body of the email.
- All entries should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no fixed themes for any of the genres.
- Manuscripts must be original, intellectual property of the entrants. The entrants retain ownership of copyright.
- An entrant is entitled to a single entry within a category but may apply for multiple categories.
- Previously published works (on social media, blogs, and anthologies) are allowed.
- Selected entrants must be available to work with the WRR Team on the production, distribution, and publicity of the eBook.
- Report for accrued royalty on each sales channel will be available via individual accounts opened for the selected entrants.
- After the publication of the eBooks, entrants will be guided on how to manage their respective accounts and book royalties on CreateSpace, Amazon KDP and OkadaBooks.
- Under no condition will the judges’ decision be challenged.
ENTRY CLOSES ON:
Entries will be received until 11:59 PM, Friday 17th of November, 2017.