We are simply looking for female Nigerian authors who have published excellent books that deserve to be promoted and supported. Only two female Nigerian authors will be selected annually for this prize. However, we will use the opportunity to promote other select authors through interviews, book reviews, newsletter promotions, and collaborations to increase their visibility in the Nigerian literary sphere.
- The applicant must be a female Nigerian author between ages 21 – 45.
- Applicants can only submit one book for the nomination in the select genres listed in our application.
- Eligible genres: Only Poetry (Collection of poetry or prose poems), fiction (novels, collection of short stories), and nonfiction (memoirs and essays) are eligible for application. We are NOT ACCEPTING children’s books, plays, or drama for this prize.
- The nominated book can be of any theme.
- The nominated book can be self-published or released by a publisher between 2015 and September 2022.
- The book nominated must be available in print for purchase in Nigeria.
- There is no region-eligibility requirement for the author – meaning that the author can be a Nigerian currently residing outside the country.
- Previous finalists and semi-finalists cannot reapply.
- We require a self-nomination process, meaning that prospective applicants will complete the application and nominate themselves.
- July 1: Applications for the SprinNG Women Authors Prize opens
- August: Judges will be announced
- September 30: Applications for the SprinNG Women Authors Prize closes
- October to December: Applications will be reviewed
- December 15-30: Semi-finalists and prize winners will be announced
- January – March: Authors’ books will be distributed
For all questions and concerns or opportunities for donations and collaborations, please email Contact@SprinNG.org, and we will respond within 48hrs.
All updates and additional announcements will be posted on the SprinNG website: www.sprinng.org.