The countdown for Lagos Book & Art Festival 2019 has began. LABAF is a one-week artistic event which boasts of an array of book exhibitions, art & crafts, live reading sessions, book discussions, seminars, performing and applied arts, workshops, live music, poetry, drama and many more. This year’s edition is dedicated to the memory of the late Dr. David Herbert Dale.
As usual, the festival venue will be Freedom Park, Lagos Island and other venues around the city.
Lagos Book and Art Festival 2019 Theme
EMERGE… Breaking into the NEW
Books for Discussion
This year, 11 books have been selected for the main panels at the Lagos Book and Art Festival 2019, running from November 4 to 10. The books speak on the issue of emergence, in line with the festival’s theme.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Not Quite an Insider Keith Richards
- Utopia for Realists by Rutger Bregman
- Afonja: The Rise by Tunde Leye
- Locomotif byTosin Gbagi
- We Were Eight Years in Office? by Ta-Nehi Coates
- Start Up Nation by Saul Singer
- The Rise and Rise of Slot by Nnamdi Ezeigbo
- The Old Drift by Namwali Serpell
- Why Not? by Pat Utomi
- Do not Die in Their War by Dele Farotimi
Michelle Obama’s Becoming and Ari Shavit’s My Promised Land are the resource materials for the panel conversation entitled: ‘Narratives of Emergence’.
Find more details of the Lagos Book and Art Festival 2019 Programme here.